Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Hospital Bracelet Matches My PJs: Recent Goings On and Events

The blechy-est of blechs sometimes bring on the coziest of afternoons.
I'm alone in the house, wearing my beloved pineapple PJs, curled up on the couch, blaring Crowfoot's newest CD (Footpath) throughout the house. I feel gross, magnificently so, and it's given me a great excuse to stay in today.
But not in all day. I'm saving my energy to play the Rochester contra this evening with Jane and Tim. I'm really excited for it. Really excited.

I spent the last few hours reading "The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle," and finished it about half an hour ago. I missed reading those sea adventure books. I read both the "Beyond the Western Sea" books, also by Avi, a while ago, and several others by different authors.

I haven't read much the last few months, even though I have no shortage of books around me. I'm in the middle of "The Thirteenth Tale", which is really good, but I haven't picked it up in a while.

Ok, I mentioned Crowfoot earlier. Go check them out! www.crowfootmusic.com

But, if you live anywhere near Rochester, you won't have to go far to hear them live!
Because...
THEY'RE COMING HERE! FROM QUEBEC AND MAINE! AND YOU SHOULD COME AND SEE/HEAR THEM! BECAUSE THEY'RE AMAZING!
Right. Erm... Caps lock key got stuck on. =P

Basically, they're amazing people, and musicians, and they're coming to Rochester, and they're playing on November 1st, 7:00 PM at Harmony House in Webster.
It's going to be wonderful.
Here's their website:
http://www.crowfootmusic.com/
Once I have more info, I'll try to make an event or something. =D

Dose #12 of 30 for Asparaginase. I've got something like 5 cycles of the big chemos left. Stuff evens out and slackens up, supposedly, sometime in February.
My bone marrow biopsy came back clean.

OK, another plug. GO TO JOURNEYS! IT WILL BE AMAZING! Saturday October 17th, 6:00 PM
Be there, be
square triangular.
http://www.teenslivingwithcancer.org/2009/08/10/journeys-2009/
There will be theater and music and costumes and stories and general amazingness and understanding and information and teens involved and me involved and laughter and tears and I want you to be there. <3>

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete