Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Typing the Flow

So, I've gotta take advantage of this while it lasts. I've got a ton of random stuff flowing out of me it seems. (Ohhh goodness, I just meant words, sorry. Nothing else. :| )
First, I occasionally take Fenergan for nausea (not very often, and in a small dose). And I took one tablet (don't remember right now how much that is) two days in a row last week. I dunno if it could still be affecting me, but anyway, maybe that's where this mood came from... Strange stuff.
But anyway.
Today I was here by myself for a while. Until around 3. Anyway, the night before I had been thinking of all the stuff I could get done today. Lots of practicing, maybe some tune writing, and who knows what. All sorts of stuff. 
I woke up around 8. Noooo, not just spontaneously popping up and going, "Ooooh, up early, yay, bounce bounce." Mom woke me for something before she left for the day.
And I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up. 
Anyway, I hadn't really spent much time on Facebook for a while, especially last week. So I did that for a bit, and of course we know what happens when available time occurs and Facebook is checked for a "brief update" (sometimes even when available time doesn't occur, though this time there was plenty).

I got to talk to Sylvia though! First time since she'd moved to UW (University of Waterloo, Ontario). That was wonderful, catching up a lot.

I had salad for lunch. I was GOING to just have some salad before eating whatever I decided to eat for lunch, but I ended up having three helpings of salad, and then for some reason I didn't feel like having anything else. I had expected to eat a lot more, since my appetite has been pretty good lately, but I just didn't. (And now I'm looking at that sentence and thinking about tenses, and how I switched back and forth... And I'm trying to decide if that bothers me, or if I think it's kind of cool (even if it's wrong), or if it's even wrong at all.
So, it turned out that my mom was awake, she couldn't sleep either, so I asked. And we decided we like it.
Anyway, it's stuff like that, sidetracks and curiousness, that I like. And it's something to talk about, so I end up talking about it. 

At around 3 mom got back, and then we left right away to go look at a few places. Turns out the one we were going to see first didn't work out, and we ended up with some time before the next appointment. Kara called while we were driving, and I picked up, and as I've mentioned so many times, I was REALLY TALKATIVE. So we talked for a while (I did some not-talking too!), it was really good to catch up.

So, the thing is, I'm really worried about if I'm obnoxious. This totally has potential to be really obnoxious. It's NOT that I just want to go on and on and on and on about everything and not let anyone get a word in edgewise. It's that I have things to say, and I'm generally pretty excited about them, but I'm also excited about what other people have to say, and listening to them.
Also, I feel like I'm thinking pretty clearly. But wouldn't it be way wacky if to other people I was all chaosy and confused and stuff? (Chaosy. Spell check definitely doesn't like it, but I kinda do. =D Ohhh, heh, it wants to change it to "choosy". Well, then. Really. No, I really meant chaosy.)

I met a turtle today. It was a very small turtle, and a beautiful one. This turtle was in the place we looked at. 

The place we looked at was a small-house-with-a-big-yard-near-the-lake. There's also a cute-little-house-with-a-big-yard-near-the-lake, that's the "Blue House" that I mentioned in a previous post. But this one we saw today was just a small-house-with-a-big-yard-near-the-lake (not really that cute).
Anyway, it's a good size for us, cozy and small (but you already knew THAT (the small part)).
The landlord showed it to us, and the tenants were there too. 
Anyway, the girl (a bit younger than me, not much), after we had been talking for a while, showed me her pet turtle. Introduced me, I should say. However, I can't remember it's name (or gender). I suppose I should be a lot better about remembering that vital information next time I meet one. It WAS a very brief meeting, but that's no excuse. :\
But I DO remember that this turtle was rather small (I'd say a little smaller than the size of two-and-a-half ping-pong balls, though not quite the shape). And very cute. And beautiful too. So I've got that info on looks here, but not much on behavior. It looked at me in a turtleish way and that's about it. Oh, the girl said it wouldn't get any bigger. I guess it's a small turtle for life.

At around 9:30 PM I started practicing flute. And played for an hour and a half. And just worked with tone and some technique (mostly tone though, that's the biggest thing I noticed), and a little bit of the Dutilleux. 
Things felt shaky, unstable, uncomfortable, weird, tentative, strange, not-quite-right, resistant, dry, and finicky. This was not, however, how it was the whole time. 
It changed frequently between being pretty solid and being unsettled.
Anyway, by around 11 I felt a lot better with how my flute felt in my hands, and that was fun.

And now I'm sufficiently tired out, and I bet I'll be able to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment