Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Title Eludes Me Right Now

Being at Eastman for four hours every Tuesday is good to get things done, but once I've gotten the things done that need doing, I get antsy.  Or, once I get the things done that I can stand in one sitting...  
And since when was chocolate with espresso and more chocolate supposed to make me TIRED?!  Oh right, I already knew it would.  This is why I don't drink coffee much.  Gahhhh.  
Of course I'll have to do more homework when I get home because I left the math textbook home.  Smart going.  I left the headphones home too, so I can't work on my composition in Margaret's (my composition teacher's) office (she teaches a class in the next room over, and if I don't use headphones I'll annoy the daylights out of them all, which I really don't want to do).  I could practice flute, but I'm not motivated.  I really should be motivated.  But it's ever so much more fun talking about how un-motivated I am than actually trekking over to the annex and pulling out the flute.  And don't get me wrong, I love flute.  
Maybe I'm just still tired from this weekend.  
This weekend I:  Played at the Fiddlehead Frolic, an all day contra dance in Ithaca.  Brought Rafi and Sylvia, saw Ben, Alex, and lots of other people, had a wonderful time dancing and hanging out, and basket swinging.  Then stayed up until 5AM, which was awesome, and drove back to Rochester on Sunday morning w/ mom, Margaret (different from my composition teacher at ECMS), and Rafi.  Went to RPYO rehearsal.  Stayed overnight in Rochester in the big house on Trafalgar St. with Jack-the-dog and mom.  Drove home to Hinsdale in the warm sunshine on Monday, drove back to Rochester in the snow on Monday (yes, the very same), because mom wanted to drive at night in the snow rather than early in the morning in the snow (go figure).  Jack-the-dog decided that 5AM was a lovely time to bark, and that 6AM wasn't early enough to stop (resulting in an hour of near-continuous barking.  He has a loud voice that travels through floorboards insanely well).  And I was kind of freaking out, thinking maybe someone is breaking in, Jack-the-dog hardly ever barks, is that a creaking step, yikes.  That was this morning.  
Had a math test, chem class, no english class today.  Got to see Sylvia at Java's, and when she gave me a ride to Eastman, and talk with her.  Had my flute lesson, and did homework for a few hours, and now here I am, doghairy and sleepy, with well-exercised fingers from flute-playing, hand-writing a near-essay for chem, and typing on this stubborn keyboard.
I safety pinned my chem assignment together today because I didn't have my stapler with me.  It felt ridiculously funny.  I hope Prof. Gulde doesn't mind too much.
Of course someone commented on my having random safety pins with me.  I just use them for a lot of things, I told her.  Like sewing my backpack back together, because it tends to break.  I've gone through many safety pins that way, mangling them completely, re-attaching the straps.  It's fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment